The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
Praise God, Tabitha's surgery was a sucess and she is doing well. Thank you all for the prayers.
This morning I went to my ladies bible study Spring Brunch. It was nice to relax & chat with all of my friends there and enjoy some yummy food! My Mom is a member of the group too, so that makes it even more special.
Everyone brought a dish to share. I took Crescent Roll Cheesecake Bars. They were delicious if I say so myself!
Here is the recipe if you want to make them, very easy.
Crescent Rolls Cheesecake Bars
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Chill: 1 hour
Makes 36 squares
2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 (8-ounce) cans reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough, divided
1 large egg white
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
4. Unroll 1 can of dough, and press into bottom of pan.
Chill the bottom layer of dough to help the cream cheese spread more easily.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough.
5. Whisk egg white in a small bowl. Unroll second can of dough, and place over cream cheese mixture. Brush top of pastry with egg white.
6. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over pastry. Bake 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed.
7. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour, or until cool; cut into squares. Store up to 3 days in fridge. (Serving size: 1 square)
Nutrition:Calories 97 (48% from fat); Fat 5g (sat 2g, mono 1g, poly 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 10g; Sugars 6g; Fiber 0g; Iron 0mg; Sodium 156mg; Calcium 11mg
Enjoy the rest of your day. This evening I will be at church, helping with the children, Rainbows!