Monday, May 1, 2023

Happy May and Tell Me Everything You Know

 Happy May! 





This morning I read an excellent article by Melissa Zaldivar of (in)courage, titled 'Tell Me Everything You Know'.   What Melissa shared spoke to me deeply.  She writes from personal experience of her friendships with an older generation.  Here is the first part of her article to give you an idea what she is speaking about. I hope you read this inspiring article! It really helped me see my age and the season I am in, in a whole different light.  

When I was a kid, we didn’t live close to family. Our grandparents couldn’t share parts of everyday life or come to our games or concerts. In fact, the majority of the time, we were separated by international borders and many state lines from our extended family. So, not ever having close relationships with older relatives, I’m not entirely sure how it happened that among some of my dearest friends are those born in what is often called “The Silent Generation.” They’re individuals who are between 78 and 95 years old and let me tell you right now: they’re hidden gems.

 Now, I am not quite in that age group, but I am getting close. I will be 65 this year and my hubby Dan is 75.  I will be sharing more on embracing the seasons we are in and how God uses us at any age. 


Be blessed. 




2 comments:

  1. I will have to read that! It really does sound so interesting and there are so many differences in the generations and I've wondered how God can use them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend!
    God bless you!
    Thanks for visiting me at Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello