Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Catching Up..I doubt it!

Our county fair started on Sunday. Dan and I went earlier today, had  a nice time walking around and of course eating some "fair food".   I especially love going to the fair and have many wonderful memories of our fair.  I was involved in 4H growing up and then my kids were also involved in 4H, especially Kelly. For several years I volunteered as a leader and superintendent.  I can't say enough good things about the Monroe County 4H program and the Monroe County Fair.
VBS went great last week! I had a lot of fun helping and teaching the kids.  :-)
 I did miss one night of VBS, Thursday evening.  We attended a Toledo Mud Hens game.  My uncle Dale, who passed away this past Spring was a huge baseball fan, ..The  Mud Hens and Detroit Tigers.  We had a group of 200 people attend the game in my uncle's memory. My aunt Grace threw out the first pitch, it was awesome!
 Here is a pic of her on the stadium's big screen.
Here a couple more pics from the game.
Dan and I

Mom and Dad.
My brother Ed, his wife Angie and their kids in front of Mom and Dad.

 Fireworks after the game were great! This is just a sample.
It was a fun evening with family and friends. I have lots more photos. Check them out on my facebook page.
This week is busy as well. We have the family reunion coming up Sunday..LOTS to do for that yet, yikes!!

Take care and God bless!!
xoxo


7 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely fireworks! :) Glad you are having a happy summer! Enjoy our week, Pam! Greeting from rainy Scotland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam;

    I'm so glad I dropped in to see what's new. What a great day that must have been at the game. Loved the photos of the family enjoying the day along with you and your aunt Grace. What a nice honor to be able to throw out the first pitch.

    Have a lovely weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,
    Lovely fireworks and photos! Glad that you had a fantastic time at the game!
    Beautiful family photos.
    I am on a blog catch up as been absent due to the birth of my daughter's baby boy and my precious grandson. She has had a few problems during the birth and after so supporting her through this.
    Have a great weekend!
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam!! The fair sounds great and so does the baseball game. I saw some of those pictures at your mom's blog.
    I am glad VBS went well. VBS is always so much fun.
    Have fun at the family reunion!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    Melanie

    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sister! Altough I feel as though I've been a bad 'family member' lately. It's been difficult helping my son through this time, so that's taken a lot of my time. Thank you so much for your sweet texts & emails Pam. It means the world to me!

    I loved the photos of your family enjoying the game. What an awesome tribute to your uncle Dale.

    I have such fun, sweet memories of our county fair as I grew up. And yeah - gotta love that fair food! :-)

    Have a blessed week Pam. Sending you big hugs! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics Pam :) Hope you're having a good week.
    hugs
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello