Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Cookies Blog Hop

Day 1 of 25 Days of Christmas
 My Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe

I make many different kinds of Christmas cookies and love them all.  But my favorite recipe is for the rolled out sugar cookies.  This recipe I have used the past ten years or so comes from my daughter Kelly. She came home with this recipe when she was in high school, it is from her home economics class.  That was quite a few years ago, but this recipe is a good one and I will be sticking with it for years to come.  I double  or triple the following recipe.



Kelly's Rolled Sugar Cookies

400 degree oven
makes 2 dozen

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1 1/2  Tablespoons milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine first 5 ingredients, stir in remaining ingredients. Chill dough for easier handling. Roll dough 1/2 at a time, on floured board to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5-8 minutes, till edges are brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool.

Frosting

1/4 cup margarine or butter (softened)
1 3/4 -2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
food coloring (if desired)

Cream margarine, add rest of ingredients, beat till fluffy.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies



xoxo
Pam

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pam! Happy December 1st and blog hop day. I love sugar cookies and this recipe sounds great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! These sound wonderful! So many great recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam. Thanks for sharing your great recipe. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe, Pam! I think I'll try these with Ryan & Jacob since they like to use cookie cutters! And Jacob loves frosting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam. Thanks for sharing your great recipe I love sugar cookies and I think the grands will enjoy making these. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! I am so glad that you joined in this month for the blog hop! Your cookies look so yummy! Shawn loves to use our cookie cutters (and get flour everywhere too! lol) Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, sugar cookies are so good! I love making them with the cookie cutters - so do the kids. I think we will try your recipe this month! I'm loving reading all the different cookie recipes! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sugar cookies like this are still my favorite ones! It's a mess to clean up from but who cares!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello