I will be seeing a new orthopedic doctor on May 12. I have to say I am looking forward to this appointment. I have known what the next steps will be for quite a while.
It may be time to have knee replacement surgery if you have:
- Severe knee pain that limits your everyday activities
- Moderate or severe knee pain while resting, day or night
- Chronic knee inflammation and swelling that doesn’t improve with rest or medications
- Knee deformity: a bowing in or out of your leg
- Knee stiffness: inability to bend and straighten your knee
- No pain relief from NSAIDs (or can't tolerate them) or other conservative measures.
I expect to have the first knee replacement surgery in July, with the other knee replacement surgery later in the summer. My appointment on May 12 will answer many questions.
I thought God would take care of this for me. Lots of people have been and are praying for me, praying my knees be healed, praying that my pain goes away. But it seems that is not to be..not in a miraculous way. Eventually I will get new knees, through knee replacement surgery, with skilled surgeons, nurses, and medical professionals. And we will pray...pray for successful surgeries, wisdom for the surgeon, prayer for quick recoveries.
In all of this, I am blessed. Things could be so much worse, there are many others suffering much more then I am. I am thankful that someday I will be better, thankful I have Jesus, He is always with me...holding my hand.