Saturday, July 30, 2011

Vacation~East Twin Lake~Ausable River~Mackinac Island~Chocolate Shoes

Hard to believe it's the end of July, this summer is sailing by!  It's been a pretty warm, actually hot summer so far, wondering how August is going to treat us? Personally I am hoping for some cooler temps, high 70's and low 80's.
Dan and I were away July15-22 on vacation with family. Kelly didn't go, she was working and taking care of the doggies at home.   My parents were there, all of my siblings & spouses and some of the nieces and nephews.  We were in the West Branch, Michigan area on East Twin Lake.  We rented cabins on the lake, it was a gorgeous view!
Took this pic from my lounger.


~mama deer and two fawns~
( pic taken by my sister, Lori.)

Dan out on our boat, fishing. He loves to fish.

~sunset~

We took a day trip on The Ausable River Queen. 


Another day trip to one of my favorite places in the world, Mackinac Island.


Look at these chocolate shoes you can buy at Sander's Candy & Icecream on Mackinac Island!  I wanted to get one for Kelly but $38 for one chocolate shoe is bit pricey. ;-)


Some the family that was there.

It was a fun trip, but nice to be back home.


~blessings~
xo




6 comments:

  1. Hoping for a break from the heat too but my garden could use the extra growing time! Love the chocolate shoes - would never spend almost $40 for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures Pam!! I bet you had a great time. Enjoy your weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely holiday Pam. Oh my word, I LOVE those choccy shoes!

    Lots of you there! Beautiful photos.

    thank you for the good wishes for the humbug. She's absolutely fine now, and I'm glad. Lots going on this week, she needs to be fit and well!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a beautiful place Pam. I'm glad you had a lovely time with family. The chocolate shoes look so real but I agree, 39 dollars are a bit much. Enjoy the rest of the weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew Sadie would love those shoes! They look so real! Looks like you had a lovely vacation! Sorry Kelly couldn't go but it's nice to have a dog sitter too! ;) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam! What beautiful pictures!! I love the chocolate shoes!! I agree though - so pricey. At that price, I would want to wear them! :) At least that way, if I got hungry while out, I could eat my shoe. lol They look so real.

    So glad you had fun while away. I hope you get to go back again real soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello