Friday, January 4, 2019

Non-Toxic Life

A new year, new possibilities! 
I am starting this new year with plans and goals of
making my life non-toxic in all areas.  
Mentally, spiritually, physically and in our home.  

I may be 60 years old but I know this...



We all know people who are toxic, they may even be a family member.  
Toxic relationships affect our mental and physical well being, in a very negative way.
Walk away. 
  

For years I have tried all types of eating plans, dieting, etc. I seem to start out motivated but lose interest after a while and give up.   My desire is to lose some weight, get off of blood pressure medication and eat to feel well. I admit I love sugary treats and desserts way too much! 
So, my first step is to stop eating anything with added sugar.  My goal is to eat low carb/Keto. I am still investigating it, but I know a few people personally who have been successful with this plan.


Exercise, oh dear, I have such a love/hate relationship with it!  
When I am in the routine of exercising I enjoy it.   How I wish I never let it go!  
I recently found an exercise program that I really like. It is fun, low impact, low stress and fun music that makes me want to move!  It is called body groove, the instructor is Misty Tripoli. She has workout DVDs and online workouts. 
They are dance-based workouts, crazy dance workouts for my living room! 


I am replacing the toxic products in our home, 
with safe, non-toxic products. 
Sharing a pic of some the many things I am replacing.
I am excited to finally take this step.

blessings,
Pam

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Pam. Enjoyed your non-toxic post. How I wish I could exercise like I used to but alas even though my mind is still young my body isn't. LOL! Have a blessed day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your non toxic post! How great! We switched to non toxic cleaning products a couple of years ago. They work great.
    Several friends at work do keto and do great with it. They have made some food and shared it. It is really good. You can do it! It has been a while since I have worked out too and I really need to. Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam! Thank you for stopping by my blog. It has been a long time since I've "seen" you, so it was really good to catch up with you. I went whole foods plant based a couple of years ago after my husband was hospitalized with a blood clot and the weight just fell off of me without exercising. I kind of fell off the wagon when we moved from Nebraska to Alabama this past spring and have resolved to get back on it this year. I hate exercising, except walking, so if I can lose weight without busting my rear end, I'm all for it. Good luck with your plan and with all of the other detoxifying that you are doing. I have eliminated most of the toxic relationships from my life, but I still use some cleaning products that are not natural. That is definitely something I can work on. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello