Saturday, February 7, 2015

when it snows...bake cookies

Last Sunday and Monday we had a big snowstorm.
We ended up with about 13 inches of snow!

This is what happens when you are cozy at home during a snowstorm. 

Chocolate Saltine Cracker Cookies





Ingredients:
1 1/2 - sleeves saltine crackers (approximately) 
1 1/4 - cups unsalted butter,  best to not use margarine
1 1/4 - cup dark brown sugar
1 - 12 oz package  semi-sweet chocolate chips 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil that has been sprayed with a bit of non stick spray.

Arrange 
crackers on sheet in one layer. In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter and the brown sugar.

Stir often and bring to a full rolling boil.  Boil the mixture for  3 minutes.  

Pour over the saltines and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the caramel/cracker mixture. Set aside to cool.  Refrigerate for about one hour. Break into pieces.


 snowy pics

 



living in a snow globe...



Have a lovely weekend
xoxo


8 comments:

  1. I know justwhat you mean Pam. We are expecting another foot of snow on top of the past two snow storms we've had. Love the Chocolate Saltine Cracker Cookies recipe. Have a blessed weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look so good!! I just love snow and we haven't had much at all...we had a snow day...the first one, on Thursday and by the time I woke up the snow was melted. I love your pictures of the snow, so beautiful!! Have a nice weekend.
    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look so good. It would have been a good post for our Chatter U homework. The know looks so pretty. I will get to touch snow tomorrow at Disney's Frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting cookies! They sound pretty good. Your snow storm was pretty impressive. It's so great that you have the equipment to deal with it. Growing up, my dad had a shovel only - not even a snow blower. I don't know how he did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to make your cookies! I love the snow pictures and the dogs are gorgeous. The "snow globe" fits perfectly. Enjoyed my visit to your blog. Will be back

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've had quite literally no snow for two years here. I'd dearly love a decent dollop of the stuff, but my hopes have long since faded :o(
    So I shall just enjoy yours via your blog! A day baking cakes and biscuits whilst snow drifts outside is just a mere dream to me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stopping by to say hello :O) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. me again. looking a bit like a stalker now, but wanted to say hello! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello