Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mackinac Island~Grand Hotel~Celebrate Your Marriage!

Part I
We had a fabulous time at the Celebrate Your Marriage conference!!   I love Mackinac Island and of course we love  staying at the Grand Hotel.    Dan and I actually left here Sunday afternoon, spent the night in Mackinaw City. It takes about 5 hours to drive from our house to Mackinaw City.  My brother Tim and sister in law Jen were in Mackinaw City also, so we met up with them for dinner Sunday evening at The Admiral's Table. YUM! 
Monday, Dan and I caught the 10:00 am  Arnold Ferry over to the island. Tim and  Jen came over on another ferry about 1 hour later. We caught up with them and did some looking around and shopping!
FUDGE!
We bought three slices to bring home, plain chocolate for Kelly, german chocolate for Dan and chocolate/pomengrate for me! I am eating mine tiny bits at a time. ;-)


Yes....funny photo..maybe will share that story later. haha


gorgeous tulips



Was SO happy to see the lilacs blooming early, what a blessing!




Getting busy on Main St.

Dan & I andTim & Jen met up with dear friends Matt & Jodee for lunch at Horn's Bar. 
Good food, good times!
Check out the page for Horn's Bar, there is a link for a webcam on Mackinac Island.

Cute stuff



After lunch we headed up to the Grand Hotel to check in. I will share about that in my next post!
Wait till you hear what room we had!!!

Take care and Happy Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. how fabulous. Looks like a really wonderful time Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam! Such a nice getaway for you to look forward to each year. Nice way to kick off the summer season! Love the bike with floral basket! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

hello